This weeks amazing image is of a "scottish castle on a frosty morning at sunrise with the sheep huddled up around the old stone walls"... and was taken by Rosie of 'LeavesnBloom studio'.
I'm sure you'll agree is a lovely image and if you head on over to Rosies equally fabulous site not only will you find a very productive blog but there is also the popular 'ColourMe weekly' challenge to take part in, tutorials and Freebies - and we all love a freebie - so check it out, you'll love it!
So here is Rosies SOOC
I was having so much fun with the image this week that i actually did two edits.
Here's the first one and my entry for this weeks challenge:
Steps taken (as accurate as I can remember anyways)
- Opened in CS5
- Cropped slightly.
- Converted to Sepia.
- Adjusted highlights shadows slightly.
- Added a 'Kim Klassen' texture and set to multiply.
- Added another 'Kim Klassen' texture set to soft light.
- Twiddled the opacity and fills on each layer a little.
- Over sharpened it to add some grain.
- Flattened the image.
- Added a Black/White/Black border.
- Opened in CS5 (getting bored of CS5 now)
- Cropped the image slightly.
- Opened HDR and basically played until I boosted the colours as much as I dared.
- Adjusted shadows and highlights a little.
- Added a White/Black border.
- Flattened image.
I really enjoyed playing with this image, thank you Rosie.
Thank you also to Branson for hosting this awesome challenge, another fabulous image.
Thanks also to you guys for staying this far. If you fancy having a go at the EditMe challenge then click 'here' or if you want to head straight on over to Rosies awesome blog click 'here'.