Thursday 2 February 2012

EditMe Challenge Wk5


I’m so excited! This weeks EditMe image is one of my very own and I am so enjoying seeing what people have done with it, however going by all the amazing edits I’ve seen thus far judging it is not going to be an easy task. There are so many original and different edits and I love them all simply because people have taken the time to edit my image.
Even though it’s my image I still thought I’d have a go at editing it myself

Here’s the SOOC




And here’s my edit:




I didn’t do too much to it.
  • Opened it in CS5
  • Cropped the image to cut out the foreground.
  • Erased the boats.
  • Fiddled with contrasts, vibrancy, saturation etc until I got the boosted colour I wanted.
  • Done!

I have to thank the EditMe challenge team for featuring one of my images this week.
And thanks to you guys for reading this. If you want to take part in the challenge just head on over to the website and add your own edit. You can also take a look at all the other edits and pick up some editing tips.






4 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

Love your edit. Changes the whole look of the photo. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to post my wall gallery...hopefully next week.

Mimi said...

Great edit!

Stephanie said...

This photo is seriously breathtaking with no editing necessary, but I love a challenge. I did do a similar crop as your edit too. Have a good week and have fun judging..it's really hard to choose!

Melanie said...

This was already a fabulous photo! LOVE your edit. Picture perfect!

Can I pleeeease go w/ you when you go there next time? So SO pretty!