Saturday 14 January 2012

Showcase Saturday

My finished projects are seriously thin on the ground at the moment with nothing finished or even really close to being finished. This is mainly due to the mild weather we have had and the time of year - months stuck indoors over winter mean that any sign of mild, windless weather and I'm outside in the garden or the polytunnel.
Today though I decided to get to grips with taking some photos of my dogs to put on my blog to fill the gap on there that is getting bigger and bigger. BUT it kinda didn't work out, in fact dogs are even worse to photograph than birds and this is the sum total of all my efforts



5 dogs on 4 acres of land does not make for an easy photoshoot, in fact it's nigh on impossible! So I gave up! Plus Huntly just would not give up that teddy for anything.

Instead I have decided to start a 'Showcase Saturday' where I will feature some of the trendy blogs out there. Last year I did this as 'Wotcha Wednesday' but New Year and all that.....

So first up for this new 'Showcase Saturday' is .................drum roll............................


This is one mighty mega site that is fabulous for digital stamps and art. I mean it's seriously chock full of galleries, inspiration, challenges, tutorials and even a forum.
Tutorials range from making paper flowers to designing your own digi stamps thru to colouring your stamps with various markers. Plus there are also video tutorials to check out.
The challenges offer fabulous prizes and the inspiration from the entrants is amazing as it's all in one place.
I'm fairly new to the site but as I intend to make plenty of cards this year and have bought my first digi stamp I will be spending alot of time there.


I love this blog and associated Etsy shop and it's where I bought my first digi stamp - Ellie.
The blog also has a tutorials page and I particularly enjoyed the tutorial explaining how to transfer digi stamps to t.shirts.
The most amazing part for me though is all the amazing cards that are showcased. Whenever I'm lacking inspiration or knowledge this will certainly be the place to go.


This is one seriously talented lady and her cards really are outstanding and original.
She has a tutorial page (which is how I found her) and her skin tone tutorial with promarkers is brilliant!
Pop on over if you are a digital stamper or even a traditional stamper there's so much to look at, you'll love it.

Well there you have it my very first Showcase Saturday especially for all you cardmakers and crafters out there.
Enjoy!


 

2 comments:

lambs and ivy designs said...

Well I bet you could work all day and not get as cute a picture as Huntly and his bear!! I love it and would love to have a big wet dirty hug from Mr Huntly!

Dana

farmhouse-story said...

oh, i love huntly! off to check out the links--tfs!