Monday 3 October 2011

Book review: The Skin Map




The Skin Map by Stephen R Lawhead.

Oh dear! I am so thankful that I have finally finished this book. I found it amazingly difficult to get engrossed in and am dissappointed that it didn't live up to the promise of the cover.

The story started quite promisingly with other wordly forces (seemingly) plotting to ensure that Kit is at a particular point at a particular time on a particular day to meet his great grandfather who claims to have zipped through alternate realties by discovering ley lines.
Kit finds himself discovering these ley lines also and when he attempts to show these alternate worlds to his girlfriend Mina she gets lost in transit...

With the help of the 'skin map'(a map that shows how the different worlds connect) the characters travel through and discover these other dimensions, persued all the way by a group of men hell bent on getting their own hands on the map.

Some may say that this book is filled with plots and twists and turns, for me however the plot was disjointed at best and I found the ending simply annoying as it left too much unfinished, though I assume this means that there'll be another installment.
Not for me there won't be!

3/10 for this book, not for me I'm afraid.

No comments: