Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Tealight holder - simple & easy

I've wantedto make a tealight holder or two for a while now but with so many projects on the go I felt real bad about starting something else. Soon got over the guilt though and tackled the tealight holder - mainly because I wanted to do something that I could finish in a quick time.

Here's the finished holder

tealight holder, wooden tealight holder, scrap wood, scrapwood tealight holder

Pretty cute huh?
So easy to make too. I just found an old lump of wood ( even wood with splits will work because it adds to the character), gave it a good sand down ( a very good sand down because this wood was actually an old fence post) and then I sectioned it off into quarters, found the middle point of each of the four sections and drilled a hole for the tealight.
I used a 40mm Forstner bit for the tealight holes but you could also use a 40mm flat drill bit.
Once that was done I gave it another light sand - including the tealight holes - and then gave it 2 coats of medium Oak wood dye and 1 coat of Satin finish varnish.

Looks lovely all lit up and burns my Yankee candle tealights brilliantly.

My next post will be abother holder I made only this one is upright and looks amazing too.




Linked to these partays

Joy 2 Journey
Funky Junk Interiors 
It's a Hodgepodge Life 
My 1929 charmer 
The Southern Insitute 
I should be mopping the floor 
Under the table and dreaming
Post a Comment